- Frascati Poggio Verde 2015
- Malvasia, Greco Bianco, Grechetto, Trebbiano
- Italy > Lazio
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Fresh
- When in Rome, or drinking like you are, Frascati should be what whets your whistle.
- Spaghetti con vongole, fritto misto,
- pollo alle olive, fiori di zucce,
- e soprattutto carciofo alla Romana.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, floral, stone fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, peach, pineapple, almond
- With Roman (as in Roman Empire) lineage and aristocratic Genoan roots (patriarch Nicolo sat for both Rubens and Van Dyck), to say that the Pallavicini family has "history" is a huge understatement. Their modern claim to fame is the Lazio speciality, Frascati. Their Poggio Verde ages on its lees for 4-5 months, intensifying its floral aromas and refreshing vibrancy.
Write Your Own Review