Prisoner Wine Company
- The Prisoner 2018
- Zinfandel, Cabernet, Petite Sirah, Syrah...
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Hearty
- Full-throttle reds are a natural match with robust, meaty meals.
- Quaff with a pan-seared flank steak topped with a crumbly bleu,
- some sweetly-sauced barbeque
- or a dry-rubbed tandoori mixed grill.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, blackberry, plum, smoky
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, long finish, black fruits, spicy, oak
- Dave Phinney’s first grape-planting took place in Arizona, while a student at U of A. Next, he worked a harvest at Robert Mondavi. Shortly thereafter he purchased two tons of Zin and started Orin Swift, and The Prisoner. No wine has gone from cult to bestseller in "swifter" fashion. Phinney sold the brand to Huneeus Vintners in 2010 for $40 million. In 2016, Constellation grabbed it for $285 million. Oh bondage, up yours.
Write Your Own Review