Produttori del Barbaresco
- Barbaresco 2016
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Vibrant
- Pair hearty, yet vibrant reds with cozy comfort foods.
- It's a classic match for veal agnolotti.
- Equally delightful with osso buco or
- pappardele with walnut and gorgonzola sauce.
Eyes: Pale Ruby
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, licorice, red fruits, roses
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, cherry, mint, forest floor
- Here is the legacy of the man who "invented" Barbaresco. Domizio Cavazza (along with 19 growers) formed the Cantina Sociali in 1894. Reincarnated in post-Mussolini 1958 as Produttori del Barbaresco, it is now the standard bearer of wine cooperatives in the world, focused exclusively on the eccentricity of the Nebbiolo grape. Cin cin!
Write Your Own Review