- Sparkling Steen 2013
- Chenin Blanc, Muscat
- South Africa > Western Cape
- Bubbly White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Lean
- Versatile and adaptable, sparkling Chenins compliment whatever comes their way.
- Try with smoked trout, rogan josh,
- pork chops and apple sauce
- or Vietnamese spring rolls dipped in nuoc cham.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, floral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, off-dry, medium acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, lime, pear, green apple
- Produced from 10-15 year old vines planted to Paarl's stony soil, the grapes for Robert Christopher's Sparkling Steen are harvested in February and the lees-aged finished wine, with a dollop of super-aromatic Hanepoort (Muscat) added late in the blend, is bottled by June. The winemaker's inspiration? The craving for a breakfast-suitable sparkling wine. Clever fellow.
Write Your Own Review