Real Companhia Velha
- Fundador Tawny Port
- Tinto Roriz, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Barroca...
- Portugal > Douro
- Red, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- A Tawny Port is heavenly with anything hazelnut, caramel or vanilla.
- Pair with creme brulée,
- flan, tiramisu
- or a night of Netflix and a box of chocolates. Go ahead and have a good cry. You deserve it.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, baked fruit, honeysuckle, nutty
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, sweet, medium-high acidity, intense, medium-long finish, dried fruit, hazelnut, honey
- Most Tawny Ports are a solera-like blend of several vintages, allowing the shipper to develop a house character or style. Dubbed Tawny for its amber hue, it is a mellower and nuttier expression of Port than Ruby, having extended aging in barrel as opposed to bottle. Real Companhia ages their Fundador Tawny for 5 years before bottling. Versatile, durable and delicious.
Write Your Own Review