- Cabernet Sauvignon Monte Bello 2014
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petite Verdot
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Match signature California Cabernets with meaty California classics.
- Try with T. Keller's braised "Tongue in Cheek",
- Tam O'Shanter's prime rib
- or Schroeder's (San Francisco) veal and pork sausages.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, cedar
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, blackberry, creme de cassis, forest floor
- Named for the ridge on which is lies and first planted in 1886, Monte Bello changed hands umpteen times until the founding of Ridge Vineyards and the release of their benchmark Cabernet in 1962. Under the direction of Paul Draper (his dried oak stave technique dubbed "Draper perfume") since 1969, a 5th place in the 1976 Judgment of Paris helped put CA wine on the world map.
Write Your Own Review