Rocca di Frassinello
- Le Sughere di Frassinello 2016
- Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Pair hearty Tuscan reds with hearty Tuscan dishes.
- Perfect with dry-aged steaks, sprinkled with sea salt and rosemary,
- lamb buglione
- or pasta Bolognese topped with shaved pecorino.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, cherry, floral, spicy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, long finish, blackberry, black currant, eucalyptus
- With no room to expand within the Classico zone, Castellare di Castellina did what any respected Chianti producer would do; move west to the Maremma. In doing so, Castellare partnered with no less than Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) and created the Rocca di Frassinello line. Sangioveto-based and barrique-aged, Le Sughere is un instant Toscan classique.
Write Your Own Review