- Spumante Secco 2019
- Vernaccia Nera
- Bubbly Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Serve a frothy spumante rosso secco with salty, smoky and savory snacks.
- Classic with salumi,
- but pretty cool with Szechuan tea-smoked duck, too.
- Jalisco-style tacos de carnitas also make the cut.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, black fruits, brambly, floral
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, crushed stones, black cherry, herbaceous
- Founded in the late 60's by Orlando Rocchi and subsequently passed to his children, Paris and Sabrina, their 17 acres of Vernaccia Nera (Grenache?) in San Genesio, a tiny DOC created in 2007 for still and sparkling reds, are farmed organically in both sandstone and clay soils, iwhich impart a wonderful mineral and herbaceous quality to their super-cool, tank-fermented sparkler. An absolute must try.
Write Your Own Review