- Blaufrankisch 2009
- Austria > Burgenland
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Serve spicy, yet supple reds with straightforward flavors.
- Pair with roasted game birds,
- grilled vegetables drizzled with olive oil
- or cured and smoked meats from pork to pastrami.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, herbaceous, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, raspberry, creme de cassis, brambly
- Settled since the iron age, nearly 3000 years ago, the area that is now Burgenland was the Austrian epicenter for sweet and luscious white wines until a couple of decades ago. Now the reds are the stars. Managed by Rosi Schuster with son Hannes helming the winemaking duties, this 9 hectare estate produces wines that are, "... straight up and without unnecessary decoration..."
Write Your Own Review