- Sankt Laurent 2017
- Sankt Laurent
- Austria > Burgenland
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Zesty
- Fresh, spicy and rustically elegant, pair a Sankt Laurent with roasted and grilled fare.
- Serve with a pancetta and herb-stuffed Cornish game hen,
- lamb souvlaki with tzatziki
- or savory stuffed mushrooms.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, umami, cherry, brambly
- Settled since the iron age, nearly 3000 years ago, the area that is now Burgenland was the Austrian epicenter for sweet and luscious white wines until a couple of decades ago. Now the reds are the stars. Managed by Rosi Schuster with son Hannes helming the winemaking duties, this 9 hectare estate produces wines that are, "... straight up and without unnecessary decoration..."
Write Your Own Review