- 10 Year Old Tawny Port
- Tinta Carvalha & Francisca, Touriga Nacional...
- Portugal > Douro
- Red, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match Tawny's nutty notes and dried fruit flavors with the same on the table.
- Pair with caramel-topped vanilla ice cream,
- a plate of walnuts, dates and apricots
- or honey-drizzled figs.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, dried fruit, honeysuckle, nutty
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, sweet, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, baked fruit, almond, honey
- Despite being labeled 10 years old, most Tawny Ports are a solera-like blend of several vintages, allowing the shipper to develop a house character or style. Dubbed Tawny for its amber hue, it is a mellower and nuttier expression of Port than Ruby, having extended aging in barrel as opposed to bottle. Versatile, durable and delicious, they are an undervalued treat.
Write Your Own Review