- Aszu 5 Puttonyos Red Label 2013
- Furmint, Harslevelû, Muscat de Lunel
- Hungary > Tokaj
- White, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair intense and complex dessert wines with straight-forward, super-rich flavors and textures.
- Perfect with pan-seared foie gras,
- ripe blue-veined cheeses
- or an almond, apricot and brown butter tart.
Nose: Intense, developing, floral, orange blossoms, stone fruits
Mouth: Full Bodied, sweet, high acidity, intense, long finish, apricot, peach, raisin
- Tokaji was proclaimed by King Louis XIV, "Vinum Regum, Rex Vinorum" (Wine of Kings and King of Wines), but the new golden age in Tokaj really began with the fall of Communism in 1989. Founded in 1990 with Karoly Ats as chief winemaker, Royal Tokaji represented the 1st foreign investment (Hugh Johnson among others) in this historic region. The French soon followed.
Write Your Own Review