- Brunello di Montalcino Campogiovanni 2009
- Sangiovese Grosso
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- One wine. Four courses.
- First, fig and rosemary focaccia, then pappardelle with duck ragu.
- Next, bistecca alla Fiorentina.
- Finish with a crumbly hunk of pecorino Toscano. Better get 2 bottles.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, licorice, red fruits, tobacco
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, black cherry, spicy, earthy
- A centuries-old agricola with holdings in Chianti, Montalcino and the Maremma, San Felice is also a cutting edge experimental winery and research center, an 1800 acre resort and has a 17,000 tree olive grove. Their Campogiovanni Brunello is fermented in steel tanks and matured in large Slavonian casks for 3 years, resting another year in bottle before release. Classic.
Write Your Own Review