- Vin Santo del Chianti Classico 2009
- Trebbiano, Malvasia
- Italy > Tuscany
- White, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- A foolproof pairing with not-too-sweet Italian desserts.
- Serve with mascarpone and peaches,
- panna cotta, zabaglione or cannoli.
- And if you must, go ahead and dunk your biscotti. We won't tell.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, apricot, honey, nutty
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, medium sweet, medium-high acidity, intense, long finish, honeysuckle, dried fruit, almond
- A centuries-old agricola with holdings in Chianti, Montalcino and the Maremma, San Felice is also a cutting edge experimental winery and research center, an 1800 acre resort and has a 17,000 tree olive grove. Their Vin Santo begins life as whole grape clusters dried on paglie (straw mats.) The fermenting wine then rests in small French barrels for upwards of 5 years. Superbo!
Write Your Own Review