- Morellino di Scansano 2018
- Sangiovese, Ciliegiolo, Alicante
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Absolute perfection with Italian classics.
- Intense enough for roast pork loin with cannellini,
- and just right for spaghetti carbonara with pancetta
- or mushroom ragu with polenta.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, black cherry, cola, floral
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, blackberry, mineral
- Noted for its coastal hillside vineyards, the area of Scansano was historically considered an excellent zone for Sangiovese, known locally as Morellino, and prized for adding weight to the more spindly wines of the surrounding regions. Delightfully fresh and classically earthy, this wine is a fantastic alternative to Chianti and the super burly Super Tuscans.
Write Your Own Review