- Pinotage Sirkel 2014
- South Africa > Western Cape
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Fresh
- Match a lighter style of Pinotage with everything from fish to fowl.
- Grilled branzino with tomatoes, potatoes and olives,
- pan-roasted chicken thighs
- or smoked duck breast with a raspberry-Port sauce.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, strawberry, cranberry, cloves
- Purchased with a diamond found in the Northern Cape, Schoone Oordt (Dutch for beautiful place) has been in the de Waal family for 5 generations. Now owned and managed by Willie and Tania de Waal, non-interventionalists, Scali is also a certified organic winery. Their Sirkel Pinotage is produced with spontaneous fermentation, partially pressed skins and 8 months of barrel age.
Write Your Own Review