- Dolcetto d'Alba 2016
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Fresh
- Fresh and vibrant, serve Dolcettos with unfussy, flavorful fare.
- Perfect with pizza and a salad,
- roasted birds or meat-sauced pastas.
- Traditionalists will pair with carne cruda.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, black fruits, earthy, floral
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, blackberry, almond
- Originally owned by the Opera Pia Barolo (like the Hospice de Beaune, but in Piedmont), with vineyards that were traditionally worked by sharecroppers (schiavenza in local dialect), the Allesandria family purchased it in 1956 and the winery is now run by sisters Enrica and Maura. They farm biodynamically, vinifying their Dolcetto in cement cisterns. New generation, old style.
Write Your Own Review