Seigneurs de Monbazillac
- Monbazillac 2008
- Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Muscadelle
- France > Sud Ouest
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Beautifully balanced and sublimely sweet, plan a whole meal around your Monbazillac.
- Foie gras terrine to start,
- then seared scallops in a morel cream sauce.
- For dessert: bleu d'Auvergne and tart tatin.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, honeysuckle, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, sweet, medium-high acidity, intense, medium finish, apricot, pineapple, honey
- Once a poor cousin to neighboring Sauternes and the other sweet-wine producing towns clustered around Bergerac , things changed in Monbazillac when machine-harvesting was outlawed in the 1990's. With several careful passes needed to pick the super-ripe grapes and vintages declared only when conditions allow, this once good alternative is now a great choice for quality.
Write Your Own Review