- Sancerre Marie du Lac 2017
- Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Sancerre; fun to say, easy to drink. And vice versa.
- Try briny Bluepoints with a drizzle of mignonette,
- an herbed goat cheese tart
- or mango-topped red snapper with a cilantro-lime vinaigrette.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, herbaceous, mineral
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, grapefruit, lime, flint
- In the 1930's, Francois and Simone Laloue's family farm grew tobacco and grains as well as grapes. Their son, Serge, took over the winemaking end of things in 1960. Now, his children, Christine and Franck, tend to the 50+ acres of vineyards planted to all 3 types of Sancerre's soils. The fruit for their Marie du Lac offering, while produced at the estate, is from their neighbor's vineyards.
Write Your Own Review