- Sancerre Marie du Lac 2019
- Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Vibrant
- Match a zesty Sancerre with fish, seafood, mild cheeses and mildy spiced Asian fare.
- A bistro-style salad with warm goat cheese croutes,
- seared snapper with lemon butter
- or Singapore noodles with shrimp.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, herbaceous, mineral
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, grapefruit, lime, flint
- In the 1930's, Francois and Simone Laloue's family farm grew tobacco and grains as well as grapes. Their son, Serge, took over the winemaking end of things in 1960. Now, his children, Christine and Franck, tend to the 50+ acres of vineyards planted to all 3 types of Sancerre's soils. The fruit for their Marie du Lac offering, while produced at the estate, is sourced from their neighbor's vineyards.
Write Your Own Review