- Champagne Brut Millesime 2006
- Pinot Noir
- France > Champagne
- Bubbly White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Perfect as an aperitif, a rich Blanc de Noir is a wonderful partner at the table, too.
- Serve with a fines-herbs omelet,
- smoked salmon mousse on rye toast triangles
- or sesame-crusted, pan-seared tuna.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, mineral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, slate, brioche
- Serge Mathieu produced 1000 bottles of Champagne in 1970. Now his daughter, Isabelle and her husband Michel Jacob produce 100,000. Tiny by Champagne standards. They farm organically, but don't certify. Just in case. Their wines perfectly reflect the calcereous soil from which their grape are grown. "Michel says, "Goodness knows, it can be complicated to do things simply."
Write Your Own Review