- Cabernet Sauvignon One Point Five 2018
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Match full-blown Napa Cabernets with strong, simple flavors.
- Try a crown roast of lamb with oregano and rosemary,
- venison chops in a blackberry compote
- or cheese-stuffed, balsamic-grilled portobellos.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, chocolate, herbaceous
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, long finish, blackberry, black cherry, licorice
- Named for the relationship dynamic shared by John Shafer, who started the winery in 1978 and son Doug, who joined 4 years later, it just didn't feel like a second generation, it felt more like a generation and a half. Or one point five. Culled from 2 Stags Leap sites and aged in new French oak, both Alliers and Tronçais, for 20 months (or in years, one point six), their elegantly muscular Cabernet packs a silken wallop.
Write Your Own Review