Shinn Estate Vineyards
- Sauvignon Blanc First Fruit 2016
- Sauvignon Blanc
- U.S.A. > New York
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Fresh
- Local wines are a terrific match with locally harvested specialities.
- Delicious with seared Peconic Bay scallops,
- warm goat cheese on baby greens
- or a big ol' plate of linguine with littleneck clams.
Eyes: Pale Yellow-Green
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, mineral, pear
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium-long finish, citrus fruits, stone fruits, herbaceous
- So named as it's the first variety harvested every year, First Fruit is biodynamically and sustainably ripe, fresh, juicy and is the vino-epitome of a sun-filled Long Island day. With grapes carefully tended by the indefatigable Barbara Shinn (crowned one of the top 6 female farmers in America by the New York Times), this wine is a treat for locavores and Sauv. blanc-avores alike.
Write Your Own Review