- Madalena Vintage Port 1995
- Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca
- Portugal > Douro
- Red, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Keep it simple.
- In Portugal: a round of Azeitao, some figs and a few almonds.
- For the Brits, it's a wedge of Stilton and a few Medjool dates.
- In the States: aged Vt. Cheddar and some prime Ca. walnuts.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, blackberry, cedar, plum
Mouth: Full Bodied, medium sweet, medium-high acidity, average tannin, intense, long finish, black fruits, raisin
- Bottling its single quinta Madalena offering for the 1st time "en primeur", after only two years of age, the venerable, if not often overlooked and overachieving Smith-Woodhouse firm decided to make a statement. In the wake of the heralded 1994 vintage, this young wine was just so damn good, to not release it, even along side its stellar vintage offering, would be criminal.
Write Your Own Review