- Barolo Riserva Pernanno 2009
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Powerful, yet deliciously yielding, serve a bottle-aged Barolo with full-flavored fare.
- Try roasted quail with wild cherries,
- lamb shanks over a porcini risotto
- or braised rabbit and leeks with shaved truffles.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, eucalyptus, floral, licorice
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, black cherry, herbaceous, coffee
- The Sobreo family has been in the Barolo business for over 70 years and are now 3 generations in. With a coveted 13 hectare plot in Castiglione Falletto, the family hand-harvests grapes from sustainably-farmed vines grown in sandy, limestone-veined soil, ferments in steel tanks and ages their Riserva Pernanno in a combination of French and Slavonian oak barrels for 3 years before an unfiltered bottling. Classic.
Write Your Own Review