- Saperavi 2014
- U.S.A. > New York
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Soft
- Inky Saperavi is a go-to for comfort foods.
- Upstaters down with wiener schnitzel and grilled bratwurst.
- City folk go for walnut-stuffed eggplant.
- Hedonists will embrace Oloroso-braised pork cheeks.
Eyes: Light Purple
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, black fruits, red fruits, smoky
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium-long finish, plum, cranberry, cinnamon, coffee
- Bottlerocker Aimée first encountered Saperavi at a Georgian master class and bumped into it again in her own backyard. Previously cloaked "The Dark Red" at Standing Stone, the grape has made a label debut thanks to the persistence of co-owners Marti & Tom Macinski in getting the government to recognize it. Rumors are flying that this may be the future of FLX. Taste it now!
Write Your Own Review