- Chenas Vieilles Vignes 2015
- France > Burgundy
- Red, Dry, Light-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Forward and flexible, match Cru Beaujolais to your culinary creativity.
- Serve with a couscous and cold lamb salad,
- turkey with a tart cherry relish
- or a portobello burger with all the trimmings.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium-long finish, plum, smoky, creme de cassis
- Produced from pre-phylloxera, 100+ year old vines, Stephane Aviron has been harvesting Gamay for his Chenas from this 13 acre plot for over two decades. Low yields, high concentration and strictly traditional methods in the winery and cellar are his calling cards. Fermented in tank, the wine ages in 1-4 year old oak barrels for a full twelve months before bottling. Textbook.
Write Your Own Review