- Cabernet Sauvignon - Merlot 2013
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot
- South Africa > Western Cape
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match plump and juicy reds with midweek dinners and comfort fare.
- A natural with meat loaf, meatballs or meat-sauced pasta.
- Try a mushroom-onion burger
- or just finish last night's Mexican takeout.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, black fruits, mint, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, blackberry, creme de cassis
- The name pays homage to the Paliolithic-era tools unearthed in the planting of the region's vineyards and the brand is a tendril of the mini-wine empire founded by importer, distributor and all-around good guy, Bob Lynde, that bookends the Willamette Valley and South Africa's Western Cape. A half year's aging on French and US oak staves help give the wine its easy-going appeal.
Write Your Own Review