- Barbera d'Alba 2015
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- While very fond of mushrooms, Barbera is also enamored with tomatoes and roasted things.
- Ideal with porcini risotto,
- a teleggio and crimini pizza
- or lentils with sweet and spicy chicken sausage.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, chocolate, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, blackberry, black cherry, tobacco
- Owned and run by Dario and Stefania Stroppiana, their namesake winery boasts nearly a dozen acres of prime Langhe vineyard sites. The grapes for their barbera d'Alba are harvested from a clay and limestone plot of 50 year-old vines. The fruit is steel tank fermented, and aged in vat through malolactic fermentation, then bottled the following spring. Less than 300 cases are produced.
Write Your Own Review