- Cabernet Sauvignon 2014
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- U.S.A. > Washington
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Hearty
- Full-throttle Cabernets are a natural match with robust, meaty meals.
- Try with grilled lamb chops
- or a Gruyere-topped burger
- and a gravy-laden side of hearty mashed potatoes with caramelized shallots.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, blackberry, licorice
- Another pearl from large, loud and wild-haired Charles Smith, he of The Modernist Project, K Vintners and now, Substance. The grapes for this minimally labeled release come from the higher elevations of Goose Ridge and Freshman Hills and showcase Smith's magic for sourcing the Columbia Valley's most intense fruit. The wine idles for 13 months in 50% new French oak and comes out with its pedal to the metal.
Write Your Own Review