- Cabernet Sauvignon Alexis 2008
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petite Verdot
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match full-blown Napa Cabernets with strong, simple flavors.
- Try a crown roast of lamb with oregano and rosemary,
- venison chops in a blackberry compote
- or cheese-stuffed, balsamic-grilled portobellos.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black cherry, black currant, plum
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, smoky, blackberry, creme de cassis
- The Swanson family has always been entrepreneurial and innovative, but with a self-described "zest for rule-breaking." Clarke Swanson, whose grandfather invented the frozen TV dinner, was among the first to plant Merlot in Napa Cab-land (it's about 12% of Alexis), while his wife Elizabeth has the company title of "dream-maker... and keeper of the secret fairy dust."
Write Your Own Review