- Riesling Auslese Feinherb 2011
- Germany > Mosel
- White, Touch Sweet, Full-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- A deft balance of ripe fruit and zesty acidity, match a mostly dry Auslese with luxuriously textured dishes.
- Venison in a velvety hunter's sauce,
- Szechuan smoked duck
- or creamy lamb korma.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, honeysuckle, mineral, stone fruits, tropical fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, off-dry, high acidity, intense, long finish, slate, apricot, peach
- With a minimalist label that belies the outrageously layered complexity of the nectar within, Sybille Kuntz checks all the boxes in creating her refined, yet powerful Auslese Feinherb. Culled from 40-90 year old organically farmed vines on an Erste Lage site and picked at physiological ripeness at the end of October, 25-40% of the fruit is botrytized. Lively, elegant and intense.
Write Your Own Review