- Salice Salentino Riserva 2009
- Negroamaro, Malvasia Nera
- Italy > Puglia
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Serve a ripe and rustic Salice with unfussy fare.
- Taurino's importer calls this "God's gift to pizza."
- A more secular pairing might be savory pot roast
- or the marginally less holy, bacon-cheeseburger.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, mineral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium-long finish, plum, cherry, spicy, earthy
- In a region once known exclusively for its blends and jug wines, the Taurino family's premium cuvées have been at the vanguard of the Puglian wine renaissance since the early 1980's. Using indigenous varieties, Taurino wines stay true to their wild Southern soul, but utilizing modern technique and low yields, bring complex, yet accessible premium wines to market.
Write Your Own Review