- Syrah Colson Canyon 2013
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Jammy
- Pair fruit-forward Syrahs with roasted, grilled or barbequed dishes.
- Serve with braised lamb shanks,
- a super-juicy gorgonzola burger
- or smoky, Texas-style beef brisket.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, blackberry, oak, raspberry
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, black fruits, black pepper, chocolate
- Former Bottlerocker Zach (now a Crushateer) turned us on to Tensley, having tasted their single-vineyard Syrahs in Napa. Their NY distributor offered us a small allocation of the '06 vintage, which we greedily snatched up. We've grabbed every vintage since. Purple/black, smoky and hugely extracted, this decade old winery’s Syrahs have become Santa Barbara’s benchmark.
Write Your Own Review