- Syrah Los Padres 2013
- Syrah, Viognier
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair upfront Syrahs with boldly flavored dishes.
- Dish up some churrasco, asado or good ol' American barbecue.
- A natural with Moroccan-spiced lamb meatballs.
- Wine-braised portobellos too.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, bacon fat, blackberry, violets
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, black fruits, licorice, black pepper
- 2013 is the sophomore release of Los Padres, a Central Coast bottling from one of Santa Barbara's benchmark Syrah producers, Tensley. Famed for their cadre of single vineyard offerings, Los Padres' resumé reads like many of its big brothers; practicing organic, natural yeast, lightly filtered, unfined. And like the rest of Tensley's wines, it's big, bold and flat out delicious.
Write Your Own Review