- Nerosso 2011
- Primitivo, Negroamaro, Malvasia, Uva di Troia
- Italy > Puglia
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair rich, ripe southern Italian blends with robust flavors and spices.
- Try with orecchiette in a rabbit ragú,
- savory pot roast
- or grilled zampitti; sausages flavored with grated Pecorino and fennel seeds.
Eyes: Light Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, black cherry, spicy
- A tendril of the Venetian Feuda di San Nicola estate and indeed, founded by its namesake, Nicola Biscardo, Curezza (care in Italian) night-harvests and blends equal parts of four of Puglia's signature black grapes, vinifies them together in both tank and barrel, then ages them in barrique. The result? Nerosso, an amalgam of negro (black) and rosso (red), and terrifically tasty.
Write Your Own Review