Tenuta di Trinoro
- Le Cupole 2017
- Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon...
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Intense, Cabernet Franc dominated blends require a gastronomic equal on the table.
- Try a roasted leg of rabbit wrapped in bacon,
- farfalle with a wild boar ragu
- or a creamy wedge of Reblochon.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, floral, licorice
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, medium-long finish, plum, black currant, coffee
- Second child of professed Cab Franc-freak, Andrea Franchetti, Le Cupole is a sort-of 2nd label; more of a stand alone stepping stone to his barrel select estate wine, and produced as is the first; farmed without chemicals and with a super-late harvest, fermented with indigenous yeasts in used barriques, then matured in oak and cement. This is über-Bordeaux by way of Siena. Il Garagista?
Write Your Own Review