Tenuta I Fauri
- Pecorino 2019
- Italy > Abruzzo
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Match a complex, yet accessible Pecorino with briny, herbaceous and savory flavors. Either or all.
- Baked cod with a lemon, caper, anchovy crust.
- anellini alla pecorara
- or a roasted garlic and thyme pork loin.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, mineral, orchard fruit
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, salty, green apple, mint
- Pecorino can mean many things. It's the name of the many types of sheep's milk cheese that proliferate in Italy, regionally from Abruzzo to Sardinia and stylistically from fresh and mild to pungent and crumbly. It can refer to the low-yielding, high acid grape native to the eastern coast or it can literally be what you call a little sheep. Family-owned Tenuta I Fauri's is the middle type, and their wine is deliciously crisp.
Write Your Own Review