Tenuta La Meridiana
- Barbera d'Asti Le Gagie 2012
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Barbera has a great affinity for all things mushroom, but is enamored with tomatoes and roasted things, too.
- Ideal with porcini risotto,
- a teleggio and crimini pizza
- or fettucine with shiitakes and basil.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, black fruits, floral, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, licorice, earthy
- Fourth generation vintner Gianpiero Bianco produces mostly single-vineyard Barberas on his family estate in the Monferrato hills, between Alba and Asti. He utilizes green-harvests, reducing the yields to strengthen the crop and honors tradition by fermenting and aging in cement and large Alliers and Nevers oak barrels for one year, with four months in bottle before release.
Write Your Own Review