Tenuta le Querce
- Aglianico del Vulture Il Viola 2009
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match a robust Aglianco with hearty southern fare. Southern Italy, that is.
- Match with cavatelli tossed with broccoli raab
- or orecchiette with mini-meatballs and mozzarella.
- Braised lamb shoulder too.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black currant, mushroom, smoky
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, black cherry, spicy
- Under the watchful eye of the region's namesake, the extinct but ominous volcano Monte Vulture, the Pietrafesa family's Tenuta le Querce encompasses nearly 300 acres, 100 of which are planted to vine. All of it Aglianico, the ancient grape brought from Greece and cultivated by the Phoceans. Their il Viola is aged in barrique for several months with further resting in bottle before release.
Write Your Own Review