Terrazas de los Andes
- Malbec Las Compuertas 2011
- > Mendoza
- Red, Dry, Fruity, Rich
- Malbecs need more than steak to keep them happy.
- Start with duck confit and red onion jam on toast,
- then braised lamb shanks with blackberry compote.
- Finish off with Ghanaian dark chocolate.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, floral
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, long finish, plum, blackberry, chocolate
- Moët & Chandon made its first investment in Argentina in the late 50's, looking for a new (and less expensive) region to make premium sparkling wine. It wasn't until decades later that they took advantage of Mendoza's richest resource; prime old-vine Malbec. The grapes for Terrazas' Las Compuertas are culled from 85 year-old vines and aged in French oak for 18 months.
Write Your Own Review