- Torgiano Riserva Freccia degli Scacchi 2010
- Italy > Umbria
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Match richly balanced, barrel-aged Umbrian reds with cured meats and hearty, long cooked dishes.
- Serve with salame di cinghiale,
- bucatini with black truffle sauce
- and a sausage and lentil stew.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, leather , red fruits, violets
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, creme de cassis, black cherry, forest floor
- Located between Perugia and Assisi (or between the chocolates and the patron saint), Terre Margaritelli has over 120 acres under vine; most for classic varieties, and the rest for experimental purposes. That's what winemaker Federico Bibi and his chef wife, Jennifer McIlvaine decided when they took over this circa 1950 property. That, and converting it to certified organic farming.
Write Your Own Review