- Amarone della Valpolicella Classico 2015
- Corvina, Rondinella, Corvinone, Molinara
- Italy > Veneto
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Hearty
- Keep it simple.
- A chunk of Parmigiano-Reggiano drizzled with a two drops of 30 year-old Balsamico is all an Amarone needs.
- Fully-flavored, roasted game birds
- or a double-thick, smothered veal chop will do too.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, cooking spices, dried fruit, mocha
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, long finish, plum, smoky, black cherry
- The grapes used for Tommasi's Amarone are dried on open racks in an open-sided building from October through February, during which time the shriveling fruit goes through a period that is wonderfully translated as "active lethargy," losing 50% of their weight and gaining a heavy concentration of sugars. After fermentation, it's 3 years in barrel and a year bottle before release. A classic.
Write Your Own Review