- Cenereto 2011
- Sangiovese, Montepulciano
- Italy > Lazio
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Fresh
- Pair young, robust reds with casual, but hearty fare.
- Serve with bucatini carbonara,
- mid-week meatloaf
- or a thick, savory vegetable soup and a loaf of crusty bread.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, cherry, earthy, floral
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, black cherry, mineral
- Roberto Trappolini succeeded his father and grandfather in directing this traditional, yet modern thinking winery and has kept its focus on local grape varieties. Even though they’re in the heart of Orvieto country, they’re outside the Classico region, which allows them to extend their production to rich, deep Sangiovese-based wines like Cenereto.
Write Your Own Review