- Vin Santo del Chianti Rufina Riserva 2010
- Malvasia, Trebbiano
- Italy > Tuscany
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Soft
- Vin Santo and biscotti is a dearly held classic, but why not start some traditions of your own?
- Match with maple-glazed pecans and bacon over vanilla ice cream,
- mascarpone-stuffed figs
- or a gorgonzola torte.
Nose: Intense, mature, dried fruit, honey, nutty
Mouth: Medium Bodied, medium sweet, medium acidity, intense, long finish, baked fruit, hazelnut, toffee
- In the hands of the Busi fmily since 1800, the Travignoli estate has been linked to wine activities going back to the Etruscans, circa 500 BC. Now in the hands of Count Giovanni Travignoli, former president of the Chianti Rufina Consortuum, the estate, once the site of a 15th century hospital, boasts a 16th century cellar beneath its 18th century villa. To reach it, one must travel through the vines, or tra vigno.
Write Your Own Review