- Saint-Auguste 2015
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Merlot
- France > Provence
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Hearty
- Match rich and spicy Provençal reds with hearty dishes.
- In the Côte d'Azur they'll serve civet de porcelet.
- In Aix en Provence, daube de bouef.
- Armchair traveling Yanks will stick to good ol' lamb stew.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black cherry, cloves, floral
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, black cherry, spicy
- Jacques Seysses (Domaine Dujac), Aubert de Villaine (Domaine la Romanée-Conti) and businessman Michel Macaux bought a run-down estate in the Var in 1990, renaming it Triennes, an ode to the triennial Roman festival celebrating Bacchus as well as their three-way partnership. They farm with a nod toward the natural and age their unfiltered, unfined Saint-Auguste in former Dujac barrels.
Write Your Own Review