- Petite Syrah Hayne Vineyard 2016
- Petite Sirah
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Whether with an "i" or a "y", Petite Sirah's bold profile spells it right when paired with roasted, grilled and barbequed fare.
- Go for stuffed veal shoulder,
- smoky beef ribs
- or a gorgonzola-topped sirloin.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, floral, graphite
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, intense, medium-long finish, plum, blueberry, creme de cassis
- Located in the western reaches of Napa's St. Helena, the Hayne Vineyard was planted in the early 1950's by the family of William Alston "Otty" Hayne, while the former St. Helena mayor was still a college student. Returning as a retiree from the Foreign Service, he took over the management of the vineyard in 1986. The Petite Sirah is dry-farmed, head-trained and organically grown.
Write Your Own Review