- Zinfandel Duarte 2018
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Hearty
- Awesome Zinfandels deserve the full-flavored treatment.
- Can't spit-roast a whole baby lamb? Try stove-top Greek-style lamb with quince.
- Pork belly sliders
- and spicy tailgate chili fit the bill, too.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, black pepper, spicy
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, raspberry, black cherry, brambly
- An homage to Joe Duarte, the grape grower who first introduced Larry Turley to the awesome vineyards of Contra Costa, The 2017 is a blend of grapes from the Evanghelo, Mori and Salvador vineyards, all in the CC AVA. The region's sandy soils contribute to the Duarte Zin's proclivity for having the "softest and silkiest tannins" of all the Turley releases.
Write Your Own Review