- Zinfandel Rattlesnake Ridge 2017
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Densely packed Zinfandels like their food partners to have a bit of fat on them.
- Knock it out of the park with a standing rib roast,
- black pepper-roasted duck with grilled plums
- or grilled pork belly strips.
Eyes: Light Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, coffee, floral, licorice
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, blackberry, cherry, mint
- Located deep into Cabernet country, Turley's organically farmed Rattlesnake Ridge vineyard, 2600 feet up Howell Mountain, basks in plenty of sun, but because of its elevation occasionally sees a bit of snow too. Spice, rock tannin, a wired spine of zesty acidity and deep, deep blue/black fruit are the hallmarks here. Super-concentrated and dense, and prototypically Turley.
Write Your Own Review