- Zweigelt, Sankt Laurent, Blaufrankisch
- Austria > Burgenland
- Rose, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Pair robust rosés with sumptuous snacks and grilled goodies.
- Try a lamb-stuffed pita topped with cucumber-dill tzatziki,
- a blackened grouper taco salad
- or tender 'n tangy, Memphis-style, dry-rubbed ribs.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, slate, raspberry, strawberry
- Founded in 1958 by Elizabeth and Johann Umathum, their youngest son, Josef, took the reins in 1985, expanding and improving the original vineyards, eventually embracing strict Steiner biodynamics in 2005 and has since been Demeter certified. Josef (known as Pepi) sums it up in succinct fashion, "Our wines are food for the soul... they are liquid folk tales." Their Rosa is a saignée bleed of gravel and schist grown grapes.
Write Your Own Review